The building is a winning entry of a competition launched in 1956. It consists of two main blocks. The first block—that is close to the street—contains eight floors of administrative offices including the basement while the rear block includes a bank and office floors above. The two blocks are connected at different levels.
The southern street façade is given a recurrent pattern of concrete musharabiya broken by extruded balconies at different intervals.
Sultany, Khaled. Modern Architecture in Baghdad, Founding Years. Dar Al-Adib Press, 2014. p. 187.
Information in this database is updated constantly. Do not hesitate to send us comments, information, or illustrations (with appropriate credits) to firstname.lastname@example.org