The international committee for Documentation and Conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the Modern Movement
Docomomo is a non-profit organization devoted to the documentation and conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the modern movement.
The missions of Docomomo International are to:
- act as watchdog when important modern movement buildings anywhere are under threat
- exchange ideas relating to conservation technology, history and education
- foster interest in the ideas and heritage of the modern movement
- elicit responsibility towards this recent architectural inheritance.
At present, Docomomo International includes 59 chapters and more than 2,300 members, in Europe, America, Asia, Oceania and Africa. In their variety of cultures and experiences, the chapters represent the true richness of Docomomo International.
A Lebanese chapter of Docomomo was created at the 12th International Docomomo Conference in Finland (August 2012). Its planned activities for the next 2 years are:
- Contribution with ACA to the creation of a register of buildings.
- Organization of a regional conference on adaptive reuse of buildings and sites.
Docomomo Lebanon Founding members are:
- Claudine Abdel Massih - Abdul Halim Jabr
- Dr. George Arbid - Richard Pelgrim
- Dr. Elie Haddad - Dr. Caecilia Pieri
- Mazen Haidar - Dr. Habib Sayah
- Rola Idris - Hala Younes
To join the Docomomo Lebanon Chapter, please write to email@example.com
Visit the Docomomo Website